Monday, April 30, 2007

Paper Mill Update

The Paper Mill Playhouse Board of Trustees on Saturday voted to complete the full run of "Seven Brides for Seven Brothers" through May 11.

I'll remind everyone again that we critics are not just being kind. This show would have reviewed well under any circumstances. It's got all the ingredients--terrific sets, appealing stars, strong voices and top-shelf choreography--so skip that "Beauty and the Beast" matinee and take the kids to Paper Mill. You'll have a great time and you just might make a difference.

My sister-in-law saw came all the way from Easton to see it Friday night. And she doesn't even read my reviews. She loved it (the show, not the review).

My wife doesn't read them, either. "I sat next to you at the show and I sat next to you on the way home," she observes. "I need to read something to know what you think?"

Maybe for the thrill of a good read, sweetie?

I'm going to play golf now.

No comments: