Tuesday, April 10, 2007

Open Door Theatre re-opening?

I hope you'll read a story I wrote for tomorrow's Courier News (Community section) about North Planfield resident Liz Kendall and her community-theater production of "Godspell," which opens Thursday at the Watchung Avenue Presbyterian Church, 170 Watchung Ave., North Plainfield. Tickets are $10. Call (908) 769-4397.

Kendall was a cofounder of the Open Door Theatre, which put on a decade's worth of shows at the same address before the group disbanded. About 10 years later, she's back at the Church, directing its production of "Godspell," and plans to use the experience as a springboard to revive the Open Door.

A revived theater company is always good news, so let's show up, turn out and help her keep the door open.

Coming Up
I'll be at Paper Mill Sunday night for the press opening of "Seven Brides for Seven Brothers." I'm waffling whether to use my limited time this week to also attend the opening of "Falsettos" at George Street or "Open Admissions" at the Theatre Project at Union County College.

I'll leave it up to the readers: Which one do you want me to report on first? Give the people what they want, that's what I say. I promise if I get more than three responses by Thursday that I'll go with the majority. Manipulate me to your heart's content.

PS: Representatives from the respective theaters are not eligible to vote, but if you do, how the hell would I know the difference?

1 comment:

wildsnowflake said...

Oh Falsettos, definitely. It's still pretty current in theme.