Thursday, November 29, 2007

Strike is over!

Normally we don't report much about New York theater, but the strike did have some impact on the Jersey Stage community.

Or did it?

Since Paper Mill seemed the most likely of NJ theaters to benefit, and were most in need of a break, out of curiosity last Saturday, I made some online ticket requests for "Meet Me in St. Louis." I was shocked to be offered 2 seats, front row center, for that night's performance! Continued inquiries offered good seats in most price ranges (I stuck mainly to better or best available, so for all I know the cheap seats are filled) to the Sunday matinee and evening shows the next day.

So it can be safely said that the strike was not enough to fill Paper Mill. I hope and expect they got some extra business, but certainly we're back to business as usual now, and watchful waiting, as they say in the medical business, to see what develops.

No comments: