Saturday, October 13, 2007

Costume and prop sale

I've often written that one of my favorite theater nights of the year is the outdoor show put on by the Shakespeare Theatre of New Jersey. Mrs. Willie's favorite recurring event is the biennial costume and prop sale at said company's F.M. Kirby Shakespeare Theatre.

We were late getting to the pickings in 2005, but still got a lot of cool stuff. Got someone unique on your holiday gift list? This is the place you want to be. I'm not shilling here; we stood in the rain to get in and had plenty of company. This thing is a lot of fun and well-attended, so get there early.

A more formal writeup of the event follows. FYI: I'll be there tonight for Blood and Roses. And since I'm up writing this at 4:30 a.m., I guess I'll be napping beforehand.

Oh, well, sleepless nights are good for the old blog. sorry I've been scarce lately, but life's been busy. Lots of plays, lots of transition issues as I approach my transfer date to the Daily Record.

I just gotta keep choppin', eh, Rutgers fans?

Remind me to blog about the personal-best 89 I shot last week. I know you want to know all about it.

i Just in time for Halloween, the Shakespeare Theatre of New Jersey will conduct its second Biennial Costume and Prop Sale Saturday at the F.M. Kirby Shakespeare Theatre, 36 Madison Ave. (Route 124) on the campus of Drew University in Madison.
The sale will feature hundreds of unique items from the company’s costume and prop shops, including many worn, used or seen in main-stage productions. Proceeds from the sale will benefit the company’s educational and artistic programs.
Admission is free of charge and the doors will open at 10 a.m. sharp. Shoppers may want to consider arriving early since the 2005 sale was so well-attended that a long line formed outside the theater, with many people standing in a steady rain while waiting for their chance to enter.
For more information, call (973) 408-5600 or visit www.shakespearenj.org.

No comments: