Saturday, September 29, 2007

Ch-ch-ch-changes

Some personal news to report that would be relevant to the Jersey stages universe, so I guess it belongs in the blog. As some of you know, I hold the unusual distinction of being a full-time editor for one paper (the Courier News) while serving as theater columnist and critic for another (the Daily Record, where I worked previously full-time for 7 years). Both are Gannett papers, so we worked it out, and I hope both papers were happy with the result.

However, after two years as Special Sections Editor with the Courier, I'll be going back to the Daily Record (as of Oct. 22) as the editor of the Business Section, although I'll be working on other projects as well. I'm parting on the best of terms with my colleagues here, who are as good a bunch as I've ever worked with. A lot of variables played a role in this decision, not the least of which was swapping a 100-mile daily commute for a job with my old friends in the town where I live.

I assume I'll continue my mostly pro bono theater coverage, although you never know how things will shake out when so many unstable forces are in play. I assume the blog will continue as well, possibly with links from both papers, or perhaps with a new link through the Daily Record.

I'll keep you posted as to what ends up where. In the meantime, I'll see you in the lobby.
WW

No comments: