Wednesday, May 9, 2007

Weekend wanderings

A quick post before dinner after a hard day, part of which included my attendance at a meeting that went for 30 minutes before someone told me I was at the wrong meeting. I suspected as much at the start, but two other people said I should be there.

And I do what I'm told.

"We're in the communication business (?)" the publisher commented at one point, although he wasn't talking about me.

I think.

but it makes you wonder.

Friday I'm at Princeton for the premiere of Emily Mann's "Mrs. Packard." Saturday I'm closer to home at the Bickford for "Chapter Two." Both are season-enders for the respective theaters. I hate when they go dark.

Sunday I'm a pawn in my step-daughters' plot to make a nice Mother's Day for Lisa. Something about a flea market in Pennsylvania. Sounds like a clever way to buy her cheap gifts and get the Step-Thang (as they call me) to buy lunch.

It's just so crazy, it might work.

Another busy weekend all around. Still trying to find time to play golf, but doesn't look good.

My niece Erica graduates in two weeks from Rhode Island University.

My mother's memorial lilac bush has exploded with blooms after about 15 years dormant.

I love my DVR.

Man, I'm just all over the place here.

Jerry Stiller and Estelle Parsons are doing a reading at George Street Playhouse May 12-13. From the Web site: "Early in the Mourning," a poignant new comedy about love and loss. In our intimate Next Stage. May 12 at 8pm May 13 at 7pm. Both evenings will include a post-play discussion with David Saint, playwright Seth Bauer, director Darrel Larson and the cast. A cocktail reception will follow. No ticket prices. I'll pass it along as soon as I get a proper press release.

There, that's better. Back on point. Sorry, I wander sometimes ...

see, there it goes again.

No comments: