Friday, May 4, 2007

Benefit musical in Bound Brook-etc.

Check out this story that reporter Chad Hemenway filed about a bunch of young theater artists trying to do a good thing for their flood-ravaged town.

http://www.c-n.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20070503/NEWS/705030315/-1/NEWS06

In a nutshell, the Bound Brook high School drama department is staging "Once Upon a Mattress" this weekend.

I know, I know, it's not Nathan Lane in "The Producers," but these kids, some of them flood victims themselves, kept rehearsing wherever they could, even while the school was closed for two weeks.

Like they say, the show must go on. Pretty cool.

I neglected to mention my friend Jose died last week less than a year after being diagnosed with Lou Gehrig's disease. Here's to you Jose.

But my friend Marilyn is hanging in there. You go, girl. We're working on the blood drive. I got a pint of A positive with your name on it.

Tomorrow's gonna be a good day. Golf in the morning. "Henry V" in the evening (look for a Review Preview some time on Sunday). My famous ribs, hot off the grill, in between. God bless America.

No comments: