Wednesday, March 12, 2008

Signs of life

A quick check in to make sure you all know I did not go away. Sorry, but I've just been too busy to blog. So much to do at the Daily Record, where we have now started five new weeklies since last summer, including two in the last month. And I'm hip deep in that project. I enjoy it more than most, given my community newspaper background. We're not filling these with trailblazing, first-amendment, watchdog journalism, but rather positive news, including lots and lots of photos and reader-contributed content.

All very well received, and keeping the ship afloat, so to speak. But they are large monsters that must be fed, forcing me to work some weekends and nights in addition to the rest.
Also have been regularly producing auto columns for our new Real Morris magazine for the rich and famous (well,maybe not famous). I've test driven a Porsche Cayenne, a Mercedes I don't remember the number and a Lamborghini Gallardo.

But I hope you've been noticing that I'm still getting tot he theaters and cranking out the reviews. You just need to go to Dailyrecord.com to read them.

FYI, I'll leak word that I've won another first place NJ Press Award for critical writing, although not official until the awards ceremony in April. Guess I'll have to update the profile. If anyone cares, the submitted reviews were for Henry VI, Seven Brides and My Three Angels. I believe all three are posted here somewhere.

I'll get back to Review Previews, etc, soon, but just don't have the time right now. Also,I hear the Gannett NJ papers are going to do some sort of collective blog consolidation or reorg, and I'm still in the mix for that. Perhaps even they'll acknowledge blogging in the job description, which would force them to budget time from your week to do that.
I can dream, can't I?
In the meantime, back to the grind. Talk to you soon.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hello. This post is likeable, and your blog is very interesting, congratulations :-). I will add in my blogroll =). If possible gives a last there on my blog, it is about the Câmera Digital, I hope you enjoy. The address is http://camera-fotografica-digital.blogspot.com. A hug.